Wednesday, June 30, 2010

my home away from home

i wanted to share some pictures with you of my studio! :)  its a small place, but i love it.  i love the smell when i walk in, in the morning ..lol.  (seriously) this is taken from the back of the studio--that is my front door through the arch.  and thats a shabby fairy on the wall.  :)

here is a shot of gregs office.  see my old dinosaur monitor??  hhaha...he dropped his phone on his macbook screen so, we had to use this monitor.  now, i think he loves it.  we keep a wipe off calander on the wall where greg tells me everything that i have to do.  i just keep painting. :)  the painting on the wall is gregs first attempt at a background.  not bad!! ;)
and here is a shot standing in the arch, looking towards the back of the studio. for some reason, i use step stools to get up onto my scaffold, rather than climbing up the side.  i find it quicker
THIS is my beloved map.  everytime someone orders, i put a pretty little push pin to mark where you are from.  i have a thing with travel and maps and i entertain myself wondering what its like to live where the person does, while im painting their background. hhhaha..is that weird??  and that is my messy, messy desk.  i like to think that i keep everything in order, but really i just pretend and pass it on to greg. the wipe off board is the little calendar that is there to remind me where i'm at on my schedule..and the painting above it is a masterpeice painted by my son, matthew.  it will be a bg someday.  :)   in the cup::  i am addicted to unsweetend tea.  and that is my favorite red chair ever...that now is getting paint all over it, just like everything else.  i feel blessed to have carpet in my studio, that i can treat like a concrete floor.  who gets to do that??! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment